Cleaning is an essential part of running a business. Not only does having a clean working environment help boost employee morale and work efficiency, it can give potential clients a good impression about your business and the services you provide.
However, achieving and maintaining a clean working environment for staff and clients takes a lot of time and effort than just giving the place a quick hoover and quick wipe down. So, what can you do to help maintain these standards?
Hire your own in-house cleaning services or hire in the professionals?
Hiring your own cleaning staff can be a good solution to keeping initial costs down and keeping your workplace clean. However, hiring your own cleaning staff can have it’s draw backs.
So, what are the drawbacks?
- Interviewing takes time – Unless you have an inhouse HR/ recruitment team, having yourself or other staff interview cleaners can take up a lot of precious time that could be spent running your business. Also, what you have to remember is that even though you are hiring a cleaning team to clean your workplace, they have to know how to clean properly and so it can be a bit of a mine field to know who has experience and who hasn’t (What they say on paper, doesn’t necessarily mean it’s true)
- Training cleaning staff – In the workplace, there will be spills and accidents and so having cleaning staff know what to do in a cleaning situation is important. But if you are hiring staff that have no training in COSHH, Manual handling and Health and Safety, it can cost you hundreds of pounds.
- Hiring the wrong person – When interviewing, people will tell you what you want to hear, but when it comes to actually cleaning, they could not be that great and give you bad standards of cleaning. Some staff may show up for shift but not do their full hours without you knowing – costing you money.
- Buying your own cleaning products and consumables – many businesses who hire their own staff don’t realise that they would have to buy their own cleaning products and consumables that need to be stored in the cleaning cupboard. Now some businesses will buy in bulk from cash and carry stores, but this can easily mount up and cost you more in the long run.
So why should you look at hiring in the professionals?
Professional cleaning companies are what they say on the tin – they are professionals at cleaning.
So, what are the benefits of hiring a professional cleaning services like A&R Cleaning Services
- Employ their own staff – Here at A&R Cleaning Services we hire our own cleaners. We take the headache out of you having to employ your own staff and employ staff through our 10-step recruitment process.
- Inhouse training – All of our staff here at A&R Cleaning Services are inhouse trained in COSHH, Manual Handling and Health and Safety – ensuring that you have professional cleaning staff that know how to correctly and safely deal with a cleaning incident.
- Hiring the right person – When we interview new employees, we make sure that staff have experience cleaning commercial properties and ensure that during the trial period, they are able to provide continual high standards of cleaning. Also, if you are worried about staff not doing their full shift, we use a log in/out system that allows us and yourselves to track our staff’s full cleaning hours – ensuring that you are getting what you are paying.
- Consumable and products – as mentioned before, it can become expensive to constantly buy consumables and cleaning products for your cleaners. That is why we offer consumable services to our clients so that they do not have to worry about having to constantly buy products.
What are the other benefits?
Here at A&R Cleaning Services, we treat each of our clients as an individual and not a number. Each client has a dedicated commercial manager that has cleaning
If you would like to find out more about our cleaning services or request a free quote call us on 01656 713950 or visit our website for more details.